IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR COSMETIC SURGERY PATIENTS
New Regulations for Cosmetic Surgery starting 1st July 2023
These new stronger regulations are designed to protect cosmetic surgery patients and improve standards of care for cosmetic procedures.
- A GP Referral will be mandatory for ALL patients having a consultation for surgery
- A Minimum of TWO consultations are required for cosmetic surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery Patients will need a patient Pre-screening cosmetic surgery readiness Assessment Test (PAT)
- A cooling-off period of at least seven days after signing a consent form before booking surgery and paying a deposit etc.
- Patients will have a more detailed Informed Consent before surgery
- There will be Higher Standards in training & experience – CPD requirements
- Accredited facilities will soon be required for surgery
- Tougher Advertising Standards for Cosmetic Surgery
For more details, please refer to the Medical Board’s FAQs on MBA Reforms at a Glance page or contact us for further details.
For more information about the new Regulations for Cosmetic Surgery please download and read:
PLEASE NOTE – Cosmetic Surgery refers to surgical procedures without a Medicare Item Number
If you have already booked your surgery for after 1st July 2023, our team will contact you if there are any changes to your current arrangements.