The Mini Boob Job for Slender, Athletic & Smaller patients – Breast Augmentation with Small Breast Implants
About Mini Breast Augmentation
A mini boob job or mini breast augmentation is a good surgery for women with a small, athletic physique. The breasts are subtly enlarged with smaller implants and maybe some extra fat grafting. The result is natural-looking breasts that are proportionate to the rest of your petite body.
When you think about a boob job, you immediately imagine large voluptuous boobs, barely fitting into a bra. However, that’s not what many women want. Massive breasts are so 2010. Women now look for more natural-looking breasts. Instead of going from a flat chest to double Ds or bigger, most women now seek a subtle or natural-looking breast enlargement – Not too large, not too small. Just enough to perfectly fit your proportions.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon Dr Jeremy Hunt is one of the specialist plastic surgeons in Sydney. He routinely performs a mini boob job or small breast enhancement for those patients who want beautiful breasts with subtle augmentation.
What Is a Mini Boob Job?
A mini boob job is a type of breast augmentation surgery that has been trending more and more in the last decade. It involves any breast augmentation procedure that minimally enlarges the breasts with implants. That goal of surgery is:
- Slight breast augmentation using small implants
- Achieving a cosmetically beautiful breast shape
- Achieving a size and projection that is perfectly proportionate to the rest of your body
- Avoiding the fake breasts look or “overdone” look
It is thus a preferred surgery for women with a small and lean body, who want to make their breasts a little larger. The difference between a regular boob job and a mini boob job is the size and shape of the implant. For regular breast augmentations, Dr Hunt usually uses breast implants with a larger size (275 cc to 400 cc or more).
In a mini boob job, Dr Hunt augments the breasts with smaller size implants, usually between 150 cc to 275 cc. These are sometimes called “micro breast implants” or “slimplants”.
The final breast size in cups is determined by the size of the implant and amount of natural tissue you have but will generally lead to full A cup or B cup projecting breasts.
Dr Hunt can also complement small breast implants with autologous fat injections or fat transfer to breasts. This is called hybrid breast augmentation. He uses your own excess fat from your lower body to strategically contour and enlarge specific areas of the breast (e.g. the cleavage and side boob area). For beautiful breasts.
Who Is A Mini Boob Job For?
Mini breast augmentation is the top choice for women with a petite lean body. Huge breasts implants in such patients make their breasts and cleavage look fake and out of place. Instead, a mini breast enhancement prioritises proportions and natural breasts over size.
Mini breast augmentation is, thus, not for everyone. You should consider getting a mini boob job if:
- You have a small and lean build
- You have flatter smaller breasts
- You have a petite physique
- You are short-waisted – a shorter distance from hip to breasts
- You prioritise natural results over voluminous breasts
In petite women, a 150 cc breast implant, for example, is enough to create breasts that perfectly go with the rest of your body. It gives you curves without making your breasts look fake or done.
Dr Hunt chooses the breast implant size according to proportion standards. The goal is to achieve breasts that are scientifically proven to have a perfect size and projection compared to the whole body. Learn more about Choosing the Right Breast Implant.
What Are The Benefits of a Mini Boob Job?
There are many advantages to choosing smaller breast implants over larger ones. The benefits of a mini breast augmentation make it a preferred choice for many patients and include:
- Prioritises body proportions over breast size
- Subtle augmentation, more natural results
- Easier recovery and less downtime compared to the usual breast augmentation
- Less downward tension on the breasts from heavy implants
- Less likely that anyone new would be able to tell you had a boob job
- Can be complemented with fat grafting
How is a Mini Boob Job Performed?
Mini breast augmentation is performed the same way as traditional breast augmentation. The procedure is usually an outpatient one, which means that you usually won’t have to sleep overnight at the hospital.
The surgical steps include:
- Mini boob job is usually done under general anaesthesia. This means that you will be asleep during the operation. It can take about 1 to 2 hours to perform (depending if a fat transfer is wanted)
- Dr Hunt starts with a small 2.5 to 4 cm incision along the inframammary fold (the crease just under your breast). He then creates a pocket, usually between the chest muscles and breast tissue, to make space for the new implants
- Once the surgical pocket is ready, Dr Hunt inserts a small implant, usually 150 cc to 275 cc. Silicone implants come pre-filled, however, saline implants are filled after they’re inserted into the breasts
- Once the implant is in place, Dr Hunt closes the deep breast tissue layers and muscles and tightens the pocket to keep the implants in place
- After that, Dr Hunt closes the skin wounds with very thin sutures
If you’ve opted for a hybrid breast augmentation, Dr Hunt will then perform fat grafting after the implants are inserted. Fat is first harvested from your buttocks or abdomen and purified using a special machine. The pure fat is then injected into the boobs to shape them into perfection.
Finally, the incisions under your breasts are covered with gauze. You will then be woken and sent to your room to recover.
Recovery After Mini Boob Job
Recovery after mini breast augmentation is usually the same as with the usual breast augmentation. Nevertheless, since less tissue trauma is involved, you should experience less intense symptoms and a slightly shorter recovery time.
Slight bruising, pain, and swelling are normal, even with small breast implants. Those usually peak during the first week and will resolve almost completely by 4-6 weeks. You can usually go back to work 5-7 days after your mini breast surgery. Walking is perfectly fine during the first week. Jogging is okay as of the second week. However, you should avoid intense sports and weight lifting till after 4 weeks have passed.
You should sleep on your back and wear a compression bra for 4-6 weeks after your mini boob job. Warm compresses and ice packs can help get rid of swelling and bruising faster after breast surgery.
Risks and Complications of Mini Boob Job
Like any other surgery, mini breast augmentation involves some risks. Complications very rarely occur with cosmetic breast surgery, and they can include:
- Loss of sensation around the nipples
- Wound infection
- Uneven breasts
- Unsatisfactory results
Moreover, long term complications of breast implants might include:
- Skin wrinkling on the edge of the implant
- Capsular contracture
- Implant rupture
- Implant malrotation
- Implant drop
- Breast Implant-Associated Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL)
To reduce the risk of complications with a mini boob job, you should choose a surgeon with extensive experience in breast augmentation surgery. Dr Hunt has performed hundreds of mini breast augmentations in his career, with patients all around Sydney and New South Wales. Find out how you can reduce your risks of plastic surgery complications
Mini Boob Job Costs and Prices
You might think that Mini boob job Sydney cost less than big ones. However, this is not true. This size of breast implants does not affect their price. That being said, determining the price of mini breast augmentation is a little complicated. Many factors are taken into consideration: the surgical hospital, anaesthetist fees, surgeon fees, implant type and brand, and any additional procedures wanted (e.g. fat grafting or breast lifting).
Dr Hunt’s team will provide an estimate of mini breast implant costs after your first consultation. In general, insurance and Medicare do not cover the costs of breast implant surgery unless there is a congenital defect such as a tuberous breast or asymmetry and you meet the strict Medicare criteria.
Your Consultation with Dr Jeremy Hunt
Dr Hunt will start by asking you a few questions about your general health and your desired cosmetic outcomes. Expect to answer questions like:
- Do you have any previous medical conditions?
- Do you smoke?
- Have you had any children?
- Do you plan to have any children soon?
- How large would you want your breasts to be?
- What is the desired breast shape?
- What is the desired breast projection?
Based on this, Dr Hunt will give you several options and recommendations to choose from. He will recommend different implant types, brands, shapes, and textures, and will explain the pros and cons for each.
Together, you will agree on a surgical plan that fits your needs, and set up a date for surgery.
Mini Boob Job – FAQs about smaller breast augmentation
What is the size of implants used in a mini boob job?
- In a mini breast augmentation, the volume of the implants used is usually between 150 cc and 275 cc. In the traditional boob job, 275 cc to 400 cc breast implants are usually used.
Are small breast implants enough to enhance breasts?
- Small breast implants (150 cc to 275 cc) can be enough for a woman with a slender, lean, and petite physique. A 175 cc breast implant can be enough to create beautiful projecting breasts that are proportionate with small body size.
What cup size do you get with a mini boob job?
- A mini boob job usually leads to full A cup or B cup breast size. The final size of your breasts in cups after mini breast augmentation depends on the size of the implants and the amount of breast fat you already have.
What is better round or teardrop implants?
- Round implants give you a fuller cleavage and sideboob. However, teardrop implants give your breasts a more natural slope. Neither is better than the other, and it all depends on your own cosmetic goals.
How long does a mini boob job last?
- A mini boob job lasts around 10-15 years. After that, most implants will need to be exchanged due to long-term risks of implant failure or the effects or time or pregnancy. Breast Implant Revision surgery can usually restore your perky projecting boobs.
What size is a mini boob job?
- Implants for mini boob job are sized between 150 cc and 275 cc. The corresponding cup size is between A and B cups.
Is a mini boob job painful?
- Mini breast augmentation is not usually painful. However, any breast surgery will involve some pain and analgesia. Routine painkillers are usually enough to deal with the pain after a mini boob job.
Is recovery hard after a mini boob job?
- Recovery is usually not very challenging after a mini breast augmentation. Swelling, pain, and slight bruising are usually well tolerated by patients, and significantly improve within a few days after surgery.
Should you get small implants?
- If you have small body proportions and a flatter chest, then getting small breast implants will give you good results. You will get more curves with natural-looking breasts.
Further Reading about Breast Implant Surgery
- Read Dr Hunt’s Breast Augmentation page
- See Dr Hunt’s Real Patient Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
- Read the Blog about Questions to ask your Surgeon
- Be Breast Aware – Read the blog on Breast Self Examination
- Read Motiva Implant Warranty Infomation
- Read Dr Hunt’s Guide in Choosing the Right Implant Size
Medical References about Mini Breast Implants
- Breast implants. A review
- Complications in breast augmentation with textured versus smooth breast implants: a systematic review protocol
- Matching the Implant to the Breast: A Systematic Review of Implant Size Selection Systems for Breast Augmentation
- Preoperative sizing in breast augmentation
About Dr Jeremy Hunt – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Jeremy Hunt is a specialist plastic surgeon performing breast, body, face and nose surgery in Australia. He is a member of FRACS & ASPS and has over 20 years of experience providing plastic surgery in Sydney.
Careful, considerate and honest, Dr Jeremy Hunt works with you to find a solution that is optimal for your body and your lifestyle. Every patient is unique and, through his guidance, can achieve good results.
Dr Hunt’s personal, one-on-one service and attention to detail has given thousands of women and men from the Sydney & Wollongong NSW area and across Australia the aesthetic results they desire.
Dr Hunt’s qualifications and education
Dr Jeremy A Hunt MBBS FRACS graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine degree from Sydney University in 1990 and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgery. He completed a Fellowship at the prestigious University of Texas in the United States, where he learnt from some of the world’s very best plastic surgeons.
Next Step – Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call on 1300 157 200 or contact us
If breast reduction is something you’re considering, Dr Hunt can thoroughly explain all the options to you in a one-on-one consultation.
- Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.