Light-Guided Neck Sutures For Sagging Neck Lift – Introducing MyEllevate
Ageing comes with body and facial changes such as wrinkling and loose sagging skin gathering between the neck and jawline area. Cosmetic procedures like facelift and neck lift surgery have allowed us to reduce the signs of ageing on our faces and to achieve a streamlined and contoured face shape. However, most facial procedures are invasive and require surgical incisions on the skin around the area to be treated. Because of how complex these procedures are, some people might choose not to undergo the process, even though they desire the results. Thankfully, there is a new procedure called MyEllevate that is a good alternative for those who do not want invasive surgery such as a neck lift, but they want a rejuvenating procedure.
Dr Jeremy Hunt FRACS(Plas) is a Sydney Specialist Plastic Surgeon who has performed hundreds of face procedures. He is also a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and a Surgeon Trainer for My Ellevate Australia – Cynosure.
Download Dr Hunt’s Guide to Facial Rejuvenation
What is MyEllevate
MyEllevate is a simple, non-invasive procedure that can be performed by surgeons to shape and contour the jawline and neckline. It is the only treatment so far that uses an innovative ICLED suture surgical system.
Though they may target the same areas, MyEllevate is not to be confused with a neck lift. A neck lift is a more invasive surgical procedure that requires the surgeon to make incisions, while MyEllevate only requires tiny, continuous needle punctures around the jawline.
With the help of an ICLED guided system, Dr Hunt uses a suture to lift the skin around the area below the jawline and neck to a higher position. This process of elevating the underlying tissues in the neck using sutures is also called “lacing up a shoe” as it works in a similar way.
Benefits of MyEllevate
Besides the fact that this is a non-invasive procedure delivering natural-looking looking effects that last 5+ years, there are many other additional benefits of MyEllevate. My Ellevate can help you achieve a refreshed look by correcting loose skin around the neck or giving a more chiselled jawline depending on what your goal is. You will have to book a session with Dr Hunt to discuss your goals and medical history.
MyEllevate is a non-surgical procedure. That means the recovery time is shorter compared to other treatments meaning that patients don’t have to wait as long before getting back into their normal routines. After the treatment, you won’t fall behind or miss deadlines on things you had to do on account of the treatment.
Who can get MyEllevate?
If you have recently embarked on a weight loss journey and you have excess skin under your jawline, then this is the perfect treatment for you. Other candidates for MyEllevate are men and women with overall good health who have:
- Early signs of ageing like jowls
- A desire for a chiselled jawline
- Neck skin elasticity
This treatment is suitable for non-smokers, so smokers are advised to stop smoking four weeks prior to the treatment.
Recovery Time after MyEllevate
One of the reasons why MyEllevate is in demand is because the procedure is quick and so is the recovery time. The treatment takes 60 minutes, while recovery happens after 3 to 5 days of rest. During the recovery time, you may need to wear a chin strap or bandage.
Side effects include minor swelling, dimpling, discomfort, and tightness in the first few days. All effects are expected to subside within 3 days, while the results will be visible for 5 to 7 years.
Results after MyEllevate
You will see a noticeable change immediately after the procedure is done, but the actual results will be seen once the swelling passes. The natural-looking results will last for five years on average, and there is also no scarring following the procedure.
What is the difference between MyEllevate and a neck lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure that usually requires a patient to go under sedation or general anaesthesia, while the surgeon makes surgical incisions to elevate the tissues. The incisions are made below the chin and behind both ears, and the surgeon uses these openings to tighten the muscles and tissue around the neck. Following this, excess skin is removed around the neck to give a more toned appearance. Patients who undergo a neck lift are usually cleared to get back to their daily activities 2 weeks after the operation.
MyEllevate is different because it is a procedure that does not require incisions or the removal of excess skin. Patients only need local anaesthesia and the healing process takes a few days after the treatment. Unlike a neck lift, MyEllevate can be performed in the surgeon’s office, within an hour.
FAQs about MyEllevate
Can the procedure be combined with other treatments?
- Yes, you can opt to have MyEllevate as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with other treatments like chemical lipolysis or submental liposuction. Dr Hunt might recommend additional procedures depending on your aesthetic goals.
How painful is MyEllevate?
- The procedure should not be painful as there are no incisions needed. Dr Hunt will also administer local anaesthesia to ease discomfort. A bit of soreness and swelling can be expected after the procedure, but this subsides quickly.
Can you get a deep plane facelift if you’ve already had a MyEllevate neck lift?
- Yes. Getting a MyEllevate neck lift doesn’t prevent you from getting any other cosmetic procedure in the future. Just make sure you inform your plastic surgeon about it. It will help them adjust their surgical techniques and your anaesthetic accordingly.
What age is too old for MyEllevate?
- There isn’t an age limit for getting a MyEllevate neck lift. Nevertheless, this procedure offers only minimal improvements for people with more advanced signs of neck aging. In this case, they might benefit more from a more extensive cosmetic procedure, such as a full neck lift or a facelift.
How can I make my MyEllevate results last longer?
- As mentioned, the MyEllevate procedure can make your neck look smoother, but it doesn’t stop your natural ageing process. However, there are things you can do to protect your skin and prevent your neck from ageing too quickly, such as wearing sunscreen, staying hydrated, sticking to a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy and stable weight.
Who invented MyEllevate?
- Dr Gregory Mueller, FACS, is a board-certified plastic surgeon and the inventor of the MyEllevate® procedure and the ICLED® light guided suture system. He’s an expert on face and neck rejuvenation procedures and a pioneer in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Further Reading about Non-Surgical Procedures
- Read Dr Hunt’s Double Chin Injections page
- Read Dr Hunt’s Skin Procedures page
- Read Dr Hunt’s Patient Case Study of Heavy Neck
- See Dr Hunt’s Real Double Chin Injections Patients Before and After Photos
Medical References about MyEllevate Neck Rejuvenation
- Transillumination – an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
- Light-Guided Percutaneous Neck Rejuvenation with Division of Platysma Bands and Suture Suspension: A Multicenter Retrospective Study | Aesthetic Surgery Journal | Oxford Academic
- Neck Rejuvenation – StatPearls – NCBI Bookshelf
- Nonsurgical Rejuvenation of the Neck
- A New Complex Minimally Invasive Thread Lift Method for One-Time Three-Step Fixation of the Face and Neck Soft Tissues – PMC
About Dr Jeremy Hunt – Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Jeremy Hunt is a specialist plastic surgeon and a member of FRACS & ASPS. He has over 20 years of experience providing plastic surgery in Sydney.
Careful, considerate and honest, Dr Jeremy Hunt works with you to find a solution that is optimal for your body and your lifestyle.
Dr Hunt’s personal, one-on-one service and attention to detail has given thousands of women and men from the Sydney & Wollongong NSW area and across Australia the aesthetic results they desired.
Dr Hunt’s qualifications and education
Dr Jeremy A Hunt MBBS FRACS graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine degree from Sydney University in 1990 and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and member of ASPS – the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. He completed a Fellowship at the prestigious University of Texas in the United States, where he learnt from some of the world’s very best plastic surgeons.
Next Step – Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
- Find out more about pricing, medical payment plans and paying for your surgery
- Request more information about the procedure – call on 1300 157 200 or contact us
If breast reduction is something you’re considering, Dr Hunt can thoroughly explain all the options to you in a one-on-one consultation.
- Make an Enquiry or Request a consultation with Dr Hunt
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.